An Ag assessment reduces taxes on land that is actively farmed. Generally:
- land must consist of seven or more acres that were used in the preceding two years for the production for sale of crops, livestock, or livestock products with average annual gross sales of $10,000
- Land rented to qualified farmers may qualify with a written rental agreement of at least five years.
- Smaller farmed parcels may be included with other qualifying land under a written agreement.
- Eligibility is determined by the assessor.
More info from CCE Dutchess here and NYS tax forms are available here.
The Hudson Valley Farmland Finder connects farmers and landowners. On this website, you can:
- Find a Farm or Find a Farmer
- Create a Profile
- Find Upcoming Events in your area
How does it work? Would it work for me? Visit the Farmland Info website to:
- Access Resources
- Contact Organizations who can help you
Farmland Information Center from American Farmland Trust
The nation’s largest online collection for information on farm and ranch land protection and stewardship.
Cornell Cooperative Extension Dutchess County!
Soil tests, expert advice, training, advocacy, here
Dutchess County Agricultural Navigator – Jennifer Fimbel
The Ag Navigator acts as a conduit for farmers, municipal officials and economic development specialists to provide impartial information and advice when implementation of local regulations are proposed that may have an impact on agriculture, farmland and agricultural businesses.