Community Energy Advisors is a free, state-funded program to help you figure out how to save money on your electricity bill. Locally it is administered by the friendly, professional folks at the Cornell Cooperative Extension Dutchess County.
Here’s what they say they will do:
- Enable you to make informed energy decisions
- Inform you of financing options for energy efficiency and renewable energy projects and products
- Guide you through the process of implementing a clean energy project
- Connect you with energy contractors who can implement clean energy projects
Start by having a free, one-on-one appointment with an Energy Advisor to discuss your options. This valuable service is open to Dutchess County residents, especially households with limited resources facing higher energy costs. Also homeowners, small businesses, and non-profit organizations. The Advisor promises to help you:
- Reduce your heating and electric bills
- Take charge of your energy budget with a home or business energy assessment
- Access financing and programs that offer free or reduced-cost energy efficiency upgrades
- Start generating clean, renewable energy at home
The program asks you to complete a simple online form (available here) and a Community Energy Advisor will contact you.